€8.08 million funding for Westmeath under the 2022 capital health plan. Funding has been allocated for healthcare facilities as part of the 2022 Capital Plan for health.
Capital investment has a key role to play in enhancing service provision and ensuring the delivery of high quality and safe health and social care.
The publication of this plan by my party colleague and Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly is a continued sign of the investment taking place in our health service.
I am pleased to see the works progress on critical pieces of infrastructure, the extension to house the MRI scanner and the new ambulance bay.
I know Minister Donnelly is keen to visit in the coming months and look forward to welcoming him when he does.
Funding for Westmeath Projects include:
- Relocation of Ambulance Station at Mullingar
- Extension of radiology dept. at #Mullingar hospital to accommodate new MRI
- New Respiratory Assessment Unit at MRH Mullingar – St. Vincent’ Hospital , Athlone.
- New 9 bed mental health residential unit.
- Refurbishment accommodation for Mental Health Day Centre and Rehabilitation Psychiatry Team at Green Road
- New Athlone Ambulance Base