Following on from our commitment in the budget, from June The Carer’s Support Grant will increase by €150 from €1,700 to €1,850 per year.
The Carer’s Support Grant (CSG) is an annual payment for Carers who look after a person in need of full-time care and attention. The grant of €1,700 (€1,850 from June 2021) is payable to Carers on the first Thursday in June each year.
The Carer’s Support Grant is an annual payment made to carers who get Carer’s Allowance, Carer’s Benefit or Domiciliary Care Allowance. It can also be paid to certain other carers providing full time care. Carers can use the grant in whatever way they wish. Often carers use the grant to pay for respite care.
To qualify for the Carer’s Support Grant you must:
• Be 16 years of age or over;
• Ordinarily reside in the State; and
• Care for the person full time for a continuous period of at least six months and
this must include the first Thursday in June of the year you are claiming for.
During the 6 month caring period you cannot:
• Get Jobseeker’s Benefit or Allowance;
• Sign on for credited contributions; and
• Work or attend an education or training course for more than 18.5 hours a week.
If you would like any assistance or further information, please do not hesitate to contact my office.