The Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Michael McGrath, T.D., has welcomed the publication of the Annual Report for 2020 of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
Minister McGrath said about the Annual Report: “An impressive record of achievement during 2020, across a broad range of areas of public expenditure management and reform of the Civil and Public Service, most notably the Department’s work to address the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.”
The Minister drew attention to a number of key contributions by the Department to the whole-of-Government response to the pandemic including:
- managing the huge impact on the public finances of measures introduced to support our people and businesses;
- driving the digital transformation agenda through supporting the move to wide-scale remote working, progressing digital solutions to challenges posed by the pandemic and using the gov.ie portal as a key communications channel;
- providing leadership and a public service-wide collaborative approach to managing the complex issues that arose for public service employers;
- the transfer online of learning and training supports for civil servants via OneLearning; and
- addressing procurement priorities and challenges arising from the pandemic.
Minister McGrath thanked the staff of his Department for their work throughout 2020:
“I look forward to continuing to work closely with Ministers of State Ossian Smyth and Patrick O’Donovan and all of the staff of the Department to deliver on our new Statement of Strategy 2021-23, which includes many programmes of work which are critical to the future of our country.”