Longford County Council- Cllr. P.J. Reilly
Born: 21/1/1960 Address: Ballinacross, Granard, Co. Longford. Tel: 043 6687069 Mobile: 086 2464576 E-mail: email@example.com Status: Married to Fiona (nee Denneny) Education: St. Bernard’s National School, Abbeylara; Ardscoil Phádraig, Granard.
Since joining Abbeylara Fianna Fáil Cumann in 1974 PJ has been an active member in the community. He has been an advocate of the concerns of local families and continuously sought for improvements in facilities and services for constituents.
An active Public Representative PJ was a founding member of the Abbeylara Gun Club in 1976, and since then has gone on to hold many positions in local politics.
From 2000-2004 PJ was the Chairman of the Granard Fianna Fáil Comhairle Ceanteair, along with this he has been a member of the HSE Health Forum for the Dublin/Mid Leinster Area since 2005. PJ has continued to have an important role in local issues as a Directing Member of the Granard Area Action Committee and member of the Longford County Council SPC Housing Committee.
PJ has also sought to have a positive influence in challenges facing the community through his Chairmanship of the Abbeylara New Pastoral Council, being a Directing Member of Longford Community Resources Ltd., along with being Mayor of Granard Town Council from 2011-2012.
In more recent times PJ has achieved more specifically;
- Refurbishment and upgrading of water services in the power station at Lough Kilina, Abbeylara and the installation of a new water line from the power station to the reservoir at Rathcronan, Granard.
- The compilation of works and the taken of charge of essential services at Cnoc na Greine Housing Estate, Granard.
- The refurbishment of Trumna Road Housing Estate to an excellent standard.
- Assuring grant funding from Longford Community Resources Ltd. for the outdoor completion works at the New Parish Centre, Abbeylara.
- Assuring grant funding for the refurbishment works at Granard Town Hall.
- Assuring funding for the construction of a New Playground in Abbeylara by Longford County Council.