Following my most recent request for an update on works at Curraghmore NS project, below is the reply received from Westmeath County Council. I will continue to monitor progress on this important issue.
“1st April 2020
Re: Curraghmore School Project
Construction works on the Curraghmore school site have ceased in line with recent government guidelines. Prior to cessation of works progress had consisted of;
- Mechanical installation completed to 97% for the entire building
- Testing and commissioning will be completed once site work resumes
- Electrical insallation completed to 95% for the entire building
- Testing and commissioning will be completed once site work resumes.
- Ceilings completed to 100% of the entire building
- Wall tiling complete to all areas
- Painting has been completed to 92% of the entire building internally.
- Vinyl floor covering is completed to all areas with carpet and entrance matting to be completed once site work resumes.
- 10 of the 16 classrooms have been cleaned and have had school furniture installed.
Externally canopies and bicycle shelters have been erected with roof cladding to be installed once the site resumes operation.
In addition, concrete paths will be completed once the site resumes operation.
While the site remains closed Westmeath County Council, with the support of the Department of Education Skills, are continuing with our engagement with the contractor on progressing this project. Ongoing teleconferences are taking place with the contractor and the design team to progress contract certification and close out.
I can assure you that we are focussed on ensuring that all issues are progressed as quickly as possible while also ensuring that the quality and integrity of the project is fully protected. Westmeath County Council will continue to manage the situation to ensure the earliest delivery date possible is achieved working with the constraints of the conditions of the contract.”